The aim of the role is to increase the company’s revenues by contracting with customers for both new and existing accounts (contract renewals). The Business Development Executive will be responsible for facilitating the smooth day-to-day interaction between Inhealthcare and its customers. The Business Development Executive will ensure that the customer experience of dealing with Inhealthcare is professional and efficient at all times.
The Business Development Executive will co-ordinate closely with all departments including Product Management, Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Finance and our 3rd party suppliers.
Key responsibilities will include but are not restricted to the following:
• Generating leads and opportunities in your strategic area
• Pitching existing and upcoming services
• Developing presentations, quotes and proposals
• Responding to customer enquiries
• Stakeholder engagement for new and existing opportunities
• Attending meetings, conferences and industry events
• Being the point of contact for all of your customers throughout the account cycle
• Regular and clear communications with customers and the various departments within Inhealthcare.
• Providing regular updates on accounts to customers
• Ensure the customer understands the product support
• Liaising with third party companies where required
• Growth of your existing customers accounts
• Regular maintenance of your accounts using salesforce
• Production of customer usage reports
• Account and business plans
• Use of Microsoft office products
Support of other departments
• Working with Product, Marketing and Professional Services to ensure the success of projects and accounts
• An empathetic individual able to work with patients and clinicians to understand and assist with any challenges they may encounter during and after project implementation.
• Problem solver – ensures that issues are dealt with in the most appropriate way and referred to others if necessary
• Excellent relationship management skills with colleagues and customers.
• Positive approach to taking on new tasks and a great team player.
• Technical knowledge of current products and processes including ability to use the Inhealthcare portal.
• High level administration skills, these are essential to the smooth running of the business.
• Ideally from a healthcare background
The employee is responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the security policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) and how these specifically relate to the information resources they have access to.
All security events, whether suspected or actual, must be reported immediately to the Information Security Manager on detection, without exception, including underperforming or broken processes that may lead to information leakage or a security breach.
Responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with their requirements including:
• Ensuring that they fully understand and execute their responsibilities under the QMS (ISO9001).
• Ensuring that they know and understand the company Quality Policy.
• Informing their Department Managers of any quality issues of concern.
• Ensuring that they adhere to best practice.