Through a strategic approach to business operations, the Commercial Operations Manager will significantly shape the delivery of internal business processes to ensure the successful delivery of projects throughout all departments within the business.
The Commercial Operations Manager will be committed to customer service excellence and will take the lead role in developing and managing service based partnerships and business relationships to further deliver and shape the company’s strategic aims.
- Internal operations and reporting:
- Provide centralised reporting to members of the Senior Management Team and key stakeholders on the status of project workflows across the business and various departments.
- Support the Product and Account management departments with the delivery of pre-sales activities, including but not limited to customer demonstrations, contract negotiations and project delivery.
- Develop and implement highly efficient and customer focused processes across a number of departments to ensure that support queries and customers projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with Product and Account Management teams to plan existing and upcoming customer projects to ensure that they are effectively managed within the professional services team.
- Work with professional services, account management and support departments to ensure a smooth handover of customer projects from development to implementation and ongoing support.
- Support the account management teams with the creation of customer contracts and the implementation of standardised terms across customer projects.
- Support the product management team with the identification, application and implementation of any procurement frameworks.
- Assist the Product Management department in the creation of internal and external documentation to enable the ongoing support and delivery of customers using the Inhealthcare platform.
- Supporting the account management team with the delivery of customer reviews through the creation and delivery of customer review documentation.
- Supporting the delivery of compliance with regulatory frameworks across the organisations, working with Product Management to identify applicable regulatory frameworks and the compliance team on the successful implementation. Applicable regulatory frameworks include but are not limited to ISO 27001 / ISO 9001 / Cyber Essentials Plus / Medical Device Directive.
- Corporate responsibility:
- Contribute to the development, communication and promotion of corporate core purpose, vision, mission and values.
- Actively input into driving the development of a corporate strategy.
- Champion the Company, the services / products it provides.
- Support the development of performance standards within the company to ensure services / products meet the needs of customers.
- Ensure that all statutory and governance obligations are met.
- Management of Resources:
- Compliance with financial processes and procedures.
- Ensure resources are adequately distributed across projects and departments to ensure successful delivery of projects and high customer satisfaction.
- Assist in embedding a commercial, client service focussed approach to all business processes and activities.
- Management of suppliers involved in the delivery of the Inhealthcare platform.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the security policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) and how these specifically relate to the information resources you have access to.
- All security events, whether suspected or actual, must be reported immediately to the Information Security Manager on detection, without exception, including underperforming or broken processes that may lead to information leakage or a security breach.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with their requirements including:
- Ensuring that they fully understand and execute their responsibilities under the QMS;
- Ensuring that they know and understand the company Quality Policy;
- Informing their Department Managers of any quality issues of concern.
- Ensuring that they adhere to best practice.
In addition to the above as a manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) policies and procedures are communicated to employees and Third Parties and are fully implemented within their respective departments.
You will also be directly responsible for implementing relevant Quality Management System (ISO9001) policies, procedures and standards within their business areas and for adherence to these by their staff.
- Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and company activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with professional codes of conduct and relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act.
- The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Company Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity throughout the company.
Health and Safety:
- Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health
and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes.
- Intelligent self-starter with a pro-active approach to their workload
- Strong business acumen and commercial understanding
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team but with the confidence to work on own initiative
- Customer/Sales focused
- Determined and able to perform well under pressure/against deadlines/objectives
- Innovative/Pro-active approach to decision making and problem-solving
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy
- Fully conversant with all Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)