Welink Communications Ltd is driving unique wireless gigabite technology into the UK market to B to B, B to C and Wholesale markets. The Company are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team based in Harrogate as a Design & Delivery Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-funded company at the ground level as it launches a ground breaking range of services which will revolutionalise the UK Broadband market.
Key responsibilities in this role will include but are not restricted to the following:
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the networking team. The main aim for this coordination is to ensure that the networking system runs efficiently without interruption.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and supporting all LAN WAN network.
- Responsible for the design (network and configuration) of new networks.
- Ensures that the systems and technology used are constantly upgraded to remain relevant.
- Arrange and manage teams for installation and troubleshooting support technical team to solve technical issues.
- Constantly update knowledge as the success depends on his / her knowledge of the industry and the level of experience in the field.
- Responsible for installing configuring and maintaining devices at remote sites wired /wireless internal and external devices.
- The manager must keep senior management informed about what is happening in the organisation concerning networking.
- Designs innovative solutions to various networking problems and ensures that customer needs are properly defined and satisfactorily met.
- Implements and evaluates the working of networking systems and stays abreast of new technologies emerging in the industry.
- Responsible for informing management partners customers and the team about network performance and service availability.
- Pursue any other related activities as directed by senior managers.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A bachelors degree with qualifications in computer science telecommunication engineering and information technology and related fields.
- Five years prior ISP technical management experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with installing configuring and maintaining of Mikrotik products and wireless devices like Ubiquity/UBNT preferred.
- Be flexible and creative.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organise and prioritise time effectively.
- Provide internet connectivity with 99.99 % SLA for all customers.
- Ability to manage and lead the teams.
- Complex connectivity and redundancy connectivity between all base stations with big capacity of bandwidth stable connectivity between all base stations.
- Underlying awareness of the bigger picture.
- Ability to think quickly take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls.
- Should have full knowledge on IPv4 calculating.
- CCNP level of Cisco routing and switching and Cisco ASA Firewalls desireable.Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly often without the focus of formalised training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours if required.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook).
Responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the security policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) and how these specifically relate to the information resources they have access to.
All security events, whether suspected or actual, must be reported immediately to the Information Security Manager on detection, without exception, including underperforming or broken processes that may lead to information leakage or a security breach.
Responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with their requirements including:
- Ensuring that they fully understand and execute their responsibilities under the QMS;
- Ensuring that they know and understand the company Quality Policy;
- Informing their Department Managers of any quality issues of concern.
- Ensuring that they adhere to best practice.
To apply for the role please email your CV to Nichola Wake, Group HR Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org closing date for applications is 6th June 2021.