InTechnology WIFI UK provides optimised wireless broadband solutions for telecom operators, smart cities, security, and enterprise customers and specialises in:
– Multiple Frequencies
– Wireless environments
A role within the Hardware & Implementation team has arisen within this fast growing and exciting Company. InTechnology WiFi is collecting huge amounts of data from towns and cities and festivals, there is also the potential for other sources of data to arise.
The Hardware & Implementation team within Intechnology Wifi is responsible for supporting a mobile application targeted at the iPhone and Android to provide rich content and a streamlined experience to users of Wifi deployments for towns & cities. We are also responsible for the backend that provides access to the Wifi.
• Take ownership of our current infrastructure, growing and improving it.
• Assisting in the deployment of new features
• Release management
• Create and maintain tools to automate processes
• Help with decisions on architecture, data storage, and infrastructure
The ideal candidate will have a high level of technical knowledge relating to installation, maintenance of cloud-based components, supporting the development team and operations. They will also have a high level of knowledge relating to the automation of these processes.
They will be required to possess a broad range of skills that will assist in learning new technologies quickly, which is likely to have been gained from not only working in this field but also from knowledge acquired through personal interests outside the workplace.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience, understanding and knowledge in the following areas:
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Linux administration experience
- CentOS and RHEL
- Mikrotik routers
- Open VPN
- Clustered MySQL
- Network protocols, routing
- Level 2 and level 3 networking
Experience in the following would also be desirable:
- Puppet and Vagrant
- Wireless access points
- NGinX – supporting PHP and front-end caching
- Data Analysis
The following certifications would be advantageous:
- Red Hat
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative to solve problems
- A fast learner with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively pass on knowledge to other people
- Ability to work well within a team, putting forward their own views and solutions whilst happy to work under a different direction
Responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the security policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) and how these specifically relate to the information resources they have access to.
All security events, whether suspected or actual, must be reported immediately to the Information Security Manager on detection, without exception, including underperforming or broken processes that may lead to information leakage or a security breach.
Responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with their requirements including:
- Ensuring that they fully understand and execute their responsibilities under the QMS;
- Ensuring that they know and understand the company Quality Policy;
- Informing their Department Managers of any quality issues of concern.
- Ensuring that they adhere to best practice.