The company are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join their Field Engineering teams based in Harrogate but installing throughout mainland UK. The role of the Installation Engineer encompasses a wide range of responsibilities that are designed to ensure we provide the best possible service to our customers.
Key responsibilities in this role will include but are not restricted to the following:
- Carry out installations, surveys and repairs on customer connections whilst ensuring the health and safety of self and others.
- Role expectations are that all jobs are completed professionally, efficiently and economically without retribution.
- As a customer-facing representative, you are expected to present a smart and professional image and deliver an exemplary customer experience as an integral part of the role. The secondary objective is to provide support to the directors and/or office, when needed.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent understanding of WAN, WIFI and router configurations.
- Ability to problem solve through situational, on-the-job and work assessments.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong IT, Numeracy and Literacy skills to Level 2 or equivalent.
- Hold a UK Driving License.
- Working at Heights certification.
- IPAF (1b,3a & 3b) preferred.
- First Aid certification preferred.
Responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the security policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) and how these specifically relate to the information resources they have access to.
All security events, whether suspected or actual, must be reported immediately to the Information Security Manager on detection, without exception, including underperforming or broken processes that may lead to information leakage or a security breach.
Responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with their requirements including:
- Ensuring that they fully understand and execute their responsibilities under the QMS;
- Ensuring that they know and understand the company Quality Policy;
- Informing their Department Managers of any quality issues of concern.
- Ensuring that they adhere to best practice.
To apply for the role please email your CV to Nichola Wake, Group HR Manager; email@example.com