AIM OF THE ROLE
InTechnology WIFI UK provides optimised wireless broadband solutions for telecom operators, smart cities, security, and enterprise customers and specialises in:
– Multiple Frequencies
– Wireless environments
IntechnologyWiFi is currently seeking a Senior Wireless Network Engineer to join our team. This position’s responsibility will be to manage and improve the existing WiFi infrastructure, which is deployed in UK towns and Cities.
- 1000+ access points with standalone and VMware controllers
- Aerohive, Extreme and Alvarion WBSn access points
- Mikrotik,Siklu, Alvarion and Ubiquiti point to point equipment
- Netonix, Extreme and Cisco Switches
- Mikrotik Routers
Responsibilities will include but not restricted to the following:
- Get up to speed quickly on the existing architecture and design
- Perform spectral analysis of existing installations and recommend and implement needed changes based on recommended service levels and equipment load.
- Recommend and develop best practices for new locations
- Analyse existing architecture and implementation and make recommendations and changes needed to support in house developed App.
- Implement rouge detection and containment, and other security requirements as recommended by
information security leadership.
- Build out centralized management platform (IdentiFi) and add all sites and equipment
monitoring, alerting, and visual dashboards. Come up to speed quickly on the existing architecture and design.
The ideal candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Management of a small team of wireless and system engineers
- Strong team player with flexible mindset and logical approach
- In depth knowledge of Wireless technology.
- RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills.
- IP Network Design skills, including a strong understanding of standard routing protocols.
- Thorough understanding of wireless authentication, security and network management.
- Confidence and ability to work on own initiative sometimes out of normal business hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis products such as Wireshark.
- Experience in utilizing industry standard network management tools such as Solarwinds and Nagios.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Pro-active approach to decision making and problem-solving, ability to work without supervision
- Willingness to travel to locations throughout the UK and occasionally other European countries. Full UK Driving License essential
- Customer Centric attitude and able to perform well under pressure. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative and able to learn quickly with a willingness to get involved in unfamiliar areas of technology
- Full clean UK driving license
- Must be flexible, prepared to work out of hours and at weekend, with nights away from home
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills, must be a good team player
- An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative to solve problems
- Ability to think laterally (as there may be disparate equipment that requires provision for a complex network environment)
Responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the security policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System (ISO27001) and how these specifically relate to the information resources they have access to.
All security events, whether suspected or actual, must be reported immediately to the Information Security Manager on detection, without exception, including underperforming or broken processes that may lead to information leakage or a security breach.
Responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with their requirements including:
- Ensuring that they fully understand and execute their responsibilities under the QMS;
- Ensuring that they know and understand the company Quality Policy;
- Informing their Department Managers of any quality issues of concern.
- Ensuring that they adhere to best practice.